Thursday, July 26, 2007

Oil Fields and Luxury Suites: A Hardscrabble Tale of Wonder and Woe

I'll have to admit that this is my blogging debut. I don't want to blog. I don't want to be a blogger. I prefer to think of this as a Bulletin Board System established by my nerdy friend Landon. I love BBSs, and I'm happy to post using my trusted 1949 IBM Electro-Sort Portable Compubot.

I just returned from Texas the Marvellous back to my current residence in Brooklyn. I took a splendid tour through Houston, Fredericksburg, and Austin. I ate painful amounts of barbecue from Pizzatola's, Chicken Fried Steak from Hickory Hollow (I ordered the medium) as well as Hill's Cafe, tex-mex from all over, Shipley's Do-Nuts, and Madam Ma'am's Thai food. I swam in Sculpture Falls in the Green Belt. I ran around Memorial Park. I rented a .357 Magnum at Red's Pistol Range and had some fun with my brother and his unmentionable firearm. I had a rockabilly sing-a-long with old friends. I can go on, but I just want to make the point that I really did the deal.



Those things are characteristically "Texas". They are the things I would tell an outsider to do for a taste of life in Texas. Yet, those things have little to do with why I love my homeland so. No, my love for Texas has more to do with a sexual fetish for big hair. I won't go into it now.

I want to use this forum to tell you about an opportunity you can't afford to miss. My trusted friend Jerry Rose has joined the Palm Lending team as a senior mortgage consultant. If you're looking for a home loan and need help finding the best rate, call my pal Jerry at (512) 358-0790 or you can easily fax him at (512) 716-8016. Tell 'em Michael sent ya.

Sincerely,
Michael Haertlein

No comments: